2014/05/22

Know me come eat with me. Royal sturgeon. High sheriff, Coffey, the butcher, right to venisons of the forest from his ex. Send him back the half of a cow. Spread I saw down in the Master of the Rolls' kitchen area. Whitehatted chef like a rabi. Combustible duck. Curly cabbage à la duchesse de Parme. Just as well to write it on the bill of fare so you can know what you've eaten too many drugs spoil the broth. I know it myself. Dosing it with Edwards' desiccated soup. Geese stuffed silly for them. Lobsters boiled alive. Do ptake some ptarmigan. Wouldn't mind being a waiter in a swell hotel. Tips, evening dress, halfnaked ladies. May I tempt you to a little more filleted lemon sole, miss Dubedat? Yes, do bedad. And she did bedad. Huguenot name I expect that. A miss Dubedat lived in Killiney I remember. Du, de la, French.


JAMES JOYCE, Irlanda,
em Ulysses, 1922



Conhece-me anda comer comigo. Esturjão real. Xerife-mor, Coffey, o talhante com direito aos veados da floresta da ex-mulher. Devolver-lhe a metade de uma vaca. Folha de jornal que vi lá em baixo, na zona da cozinha do Patrão do Rolls. Chef de chapéu branco qual rabi. Pato combustível. Couve frisada à la duchesse de Parme. É bom escreverem na ementa para podermos saber o que comemos drogas a mais estragam o caldo. Sei por mim. Tomar pequenas doses com a sopa ressequida do Edward. Para eles, gansos empanturrados até cair. Lagostas cozidas vivas. Ptoma o ptarmesão. Não me importava de ser criado de mesa num hotel chique. Gorjetas, traje de noite, senhoras seminuas. Posso tentá-la com mais um filetezinho de linguado com limão, miss Dubedat? Sim, dá bedade. E bedadeu mesmo. Nome huguenote, suponho. Lembro-me que vivia em Killiney uma miss Dubedat. Du, de la, francesa.

No comments: